Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Third Poem, by Anita Bretha Freshair (desparately)dedicated to Shirley Dozen-o


Shirley Dozen-o-
She's a friend of mine
She wears hair spray and cologne
And Febreezes all the time.

Shirley, she's a girl
Who really fills up a room
With a swirl, you're enveloped
...In her Per-Fume

Shirley Dozen-o,
If she knew, surely, she'd care
Her Per-Fume contains Pesti-Cides
That are fogging up the Air

There's Pesti-Cide in soap
In lotions and cologne
They're everywhere, and make me choke
So I end up home alone.

Cide- that means kill
And it's killin' all my fun
Pesti-Cides make me ill,
And Shirley's wearing one.


I don't mean to hurt her feelings
I don't mean to cramp her style
But when she chooses Per-Fume over me
It's hard to laugh and smile


So, I hardly see Miss Shirley
Either way, I'm injured, though.
Her killer scent's not girly
But Shirley doesn't know




No comments:

Post a Comment