Saturday, June 19, 2010

He's my hero

I met DK 15 years ago.  He has always had a connection to life that keeps him constantly creatively inspired.  I don't think there's anything he can't do.  Neither does he, I asked him. 
It is wonderful to share time with someone with this quality.  
A little over 10 years ago, he and his band learned a song by my favorite reggae artist, Lucky Dube.
It was all over after that.  That's when I became the lucky one, and he became my partner. (And believe me, it was luck.)   He's my hero because he is brave and courageous, and also kind and tender.  He creates, rather than destroy.  He is confident, curious, and hilarious.  He has a strong sense of self and doesn't live by someone else's rules. He lifts others' up by honoring them as individuals.   Even when I got sick, I have never doubted his love for me, but I decided I'd make him prove it by building me a  house, 














                                  





This is the trim for the windows.  So much for the sunny weather in the forecast.  The rain just keeps coming, so he stained the tim in the carport at our current home then we hauled it back out to my bro's.


He built this desk that will go into our little house later.  We would have saved this project if we could make any progress on the actual house, but I really like having it.  It's cedar and pine.  We'll probably protect it with Safeseal later.


On days the forecast doesn't call for rain, we have taken the tarps down, trimmed the tips off the rafters and put up soffits.  
I built these racks for staining the siding and letting it dry.
We allow it to dry awhile, then tuck it into a space under the tarp, where it tents out next to the little house.  The stain is really pretty, and it only carries nasty fumes 'til it dries, which is quick.  This is a big hurdle, so it feels good to get it started.  DK thinks it will go pretty fast, and the Summer Solstice, just days away, offers great promise.  





2 comments:

  1. I love the table. Siding looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fella that D. You are lucky to have found a true love. It is rare my friend.

    ReplyDelete