Monday, August 16, 2010

The Sun is King


Building in temps nearing 100 F.
Bro's table saw, DK's custom soffits


We often smell smoke out here from neighbors and the property owner where we're building.  Troublesome for me to be around, sinus and migraine pain are my main symptoms of the deeper problem: my body's having a tough time breaking all this down.
I was tucked inside the limited, but precious safety of  our little house, when DK, high on the ladder, saw smoke in the property owners firepit.  Normally, we'd just pack up for the day. But we knew he was out of town, so DK investigated.  It seems the fire had been smoldering all night, from a fire the day before.  The hot sun, and carelessly abandoned embers came together powerfully, but DK saved the day.
We question the neccessity of such fires and are dismayed by the lack of respect for it's power and gifts. 
As always,  I am forever grateful to my amazing husband.



Soffits are almost done. Siding's next...