Sunday, August 15, 2010

WWJD: What WOOD Jill Do by Anita Bretha Freshair



A pile of wood
Sits and waits
And Jill
She never hesitates

A campfire's all
She thinks about
Spring , winter and fall
And summer, no doubt

She lights up a fire
And the world disappears
She can't hear my cries
She won't feel my fears

I told her that it hurt my health
She said to "move away"
There's no way I can change her heart
And I'm nearing moving day

When you live in the city
You can't just burn some wood
But Jill thinks she's real pretty
So she thinks it's all good

It's really just sad
An apartment campfire
But along with a cocktail
It's her heart's true desire

I wore a mask to tell her
She was clouding up the air
She called me a freak 
And she said she didn't care
Then she bowed her head in prayer

Even the devil would know it's a sin
Burning fires and spreading carcinigens
Jill would have a lot in common with him
May my heart and hers, both find compassion.

(Names were not changed to reveal identities)